[RTTY] Off Subject Help Needed - Ghosting a hard drive?

GD0TEP gd0tep at gd0tep.com
Sat Mar 12 03:48:03 PST 2011

>When I have several weeks under my belt and I am satisfied, I reformat
>the old drive and use it for a backup. Well, at least until the data on
>the new drive outgrows the capacity of the older drive!

Bob, that sounds like you remove an old drive because it's getting old,
perhaps questionable, and then format it and use it as a back up??

Perhaps not the best idea in the world...?

Drive failure often occurs during boot up and by relegating your older drive
to the backup position increases its boot up frequency, thus increasing
chances of failure of the drive you need because of your main drive failing.

73,
Andy
http://gd0tep.com