[RTTY] Sound card

Ron Hall, Sr. ronkp2n at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 13:34:53 PDT 2011

A friend of mine is wanting to get on RTTY and PSK.  His computer is a desktop
running XP Home OS.  His present sound card, chip on motherboard, is used for
Skype so the speaker output and microphone jacks are used.  He does have one
comm port that is going to be used for radio control of the Icom IC-746PRO.

I was wondering if any of the RTTY crowd is using a second card on the PCI buss?
A few years ago I had a Turtle Beach card that was used for RTTY as a second card
and XP seemed to handle it OK.  SO2R is not planned for now.

Any information would be helpful.

73  Ron  KP2N