[RTTY] Fwd: RST in contests

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Mon Mar 21 10:14:37 PDT 2011

I kind of like it

What I don't like are the exchanges that come back as '*&6ertu bk'.

I noticed that some op's didn't have a space in front of the exchange, or my
call, or their call, or anything.  All I got was a bunch of gibbersish and
had to use the 'mouse over' to try and figure out the exchange.  At least
the 599 lets things get set for the coming number.

Seems like it'd be easier to send 599 than ask for a repeat of the whole
thing.

And, please. put the CQ on the end of your CQ macro, and no CR/LF.  Just a
couple of spaces.

One thing I did notice this weekend is there are a LOT of new callsigns out
there and that is very cool!!  Welcome aboard to all of them.  The majority
had it right, too. 73
Tom W7WHY