[RTTY] BARTG AA5VU SOAB LP

Dick aa5vu at att.net
Mon Mar 21 12:29:34 PDT 2011

On Mar 21, 2011, at 11:05:01 -0500 Dick <aa5vu at arrl.net> wrote

> Also, it was neat to work W2BYH and his QSO number really was 599. I waited and
> watched for his next QSO to be sure I copied the correct QSO number.
>
> QSO: 14111 RY 2011-03-20 2055 AA5VU         599 101  2054  W1BYH         599 599 2053

The log is correct. The typo was i my text. Norm's call is W1BYH

One annoying item I noticed was some NA stations (more than one) sending
the time in the wrong format.  Instead of 599 059 2359 they were sending
something like 599 59 23 23:59:59Z and one station was even sending the
Year. It reminded me of the long winded PSK-31 macros some use.

They need to read over the rules before the contest starts.

EXCHANGE: Messages will consist of:
(A) RST
(B) MESSAGE NUMBER. The number must be a three figure group and start with 001 for the first
contact made
(C) TIME GMT. A full four figure GMT time must be sent as part of each message. eg 0023

73 Dick AA5VU