[RTTY] RST in contests

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 22:33:17 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:03:33 -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>If you think RSTs should be removed, tell the contest sponsor.  If you
>think they should be kept, tell the contest sponsor.

REPLY:

By posting here, we ARE telling the contest sponsors. Most of them are
subscribers to the reflector and they are keenly aware of what the folks
think. What they do about it is up to them.

If an issue comes up over and over that means there is a problem yet to
be resolved. The sponsors are free to either resolve it or say why it
can not be done.

Being able to vent frustrations and seek a cure is one of the most
important functions of this reflector. Folks should be encouraged to
post what they think. Stifling thoughts is totally counterproductive.

73, Bill W6WRT