[RTTY] BARTG Reflections

Tom Martin tmartin at chartermi.net
Tue Mar 22 12:33:00 PDT 2011

Finally reached a million points but should have had more.  The second radio had issues and I lost an hour messing with it.  I should have waited until my break.  Live and learn.  Unfortunately, life is getting shorter!

Had a great run on 15 meters for a change.  JAs were answering my CQ.  Surprised to hear so many on.  Got 3D2A for a new one on RTTY.

Made one contact on 10 meters.  First time in the last three tests.  KP4ED gave me a mult.

I find it beyond amazing that some SO2R stations average 80 to 100 Qs an hour.  It must be skill, location, location, location, and antennas.  My city lot is quite limiting.  The fixed beam at 45 feet and HF6 vertical on Radio #2 don't provide more than 150 contacts in each contest.

My biggest gripe in this last contest is the guy who calls you three times after you've worked him before.  He's only got 75 contacts and still can't remember that he worked you twice before???

I also noticed a few hit and run hams.  They give the report before you give yours and they're gone.

I could care less about 599 or not, since I'm not running 80 an hour.  I do dislike the 3 hr break minimum.  The CQWWPX is better for time off.

Again, N!MM Logger is the best!!!  Since I'm on a fixed income, the price is right.  HI!

73,

Tom W8JWN