[RTTY] Cabrillo tools?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Oct 1 15:54:59 PDT 2011

I have never been able to get WT4I's Cabrillo Tools to work on a computer
with a newer operating system than XP SP1.  I am using a brand new computer
with XP Pro SP3 and I just installed Java using the
http://java.com/en/download/inc/windows_upgrade_xpi.jsp  link from GU0SUP.
I then installed Cabrillo Tools and got the following error  "Unable to
start the application - the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded.  Class
not registered".   Is there something else that you did to make it work on
XP Pro SP1a or higher?  I believe that the software would work with
Microsoft Java Virtual Machine however that is no longer available, at least
not from Microsoft.  Google shows it available for download on other sites,
but I am not sure if it's really MSJVM or just a virus.   Any help would be
appreciated.

73,
John KK9A