[RTTY] PTT-problems

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Oct 5 16:34:24 PDT 2011

 > I think most of the Edgeport boxes are FTDI.

Nope ... Edgeport uses an Intel part.  You can find the details if you
go digging through the technical data on the Digi International web
site.  However, in general the Edgeport devices are much more complex
(under the hood) than the more simple FTDI and Prolific USB UARTS
used in the basic USB converters.  The use of a more complex processor
allows the Edgeport devices (either Outside In Networks or Digi Int'l)
to provide a much better (more professional) USB to serial and USB to
parallel device than the other basic products - although at a much
higher price point.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV