[RTTY] What Adapters do the Rigblaster People Use?

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 23 17:07:33 PDT 2011

Gang,
I am helping a fellow Ham set-up on RTTY using a USB adapter from with his
Rigblaster Nomic.  Yes I know the Nomic is a AFSK interface. As an
experiment, he is using an external keying transistor between this adapter
and the RTTY circuit of his Kenwood rig. It keys the rig, but only sends
garbage for RTTY.

He just told me the Rigblaster USB to serial adapter uses a Prolific chip
set. <ugh>. How does the Rigblaster PLUS work on RTTY using this USB
adapter? Or do the Rigblaster people provide a different USB adapter for the
Rigblaster Plus?

All info welcome.

Thanks,
Eric - VE3GSI.