[RTTY] RTTY Newby

James C. Hall, MD heartdoc at nwtcc.com
Sun Sep 4 17:25:11 PDT 2011

Hi Barrie:

Well you caught me on a break with the TN QSO Party and I'm going all RTTY.
One of my two radios is the Mark V. I had also the RG Plus and Pro at one
time. The RB Pro is quite easy to wire up for FSK RTTY - it has its own plug
just for FSK. The Mark V uses the old 4-pin MIDI plug of y'ore. You only
need to wire two pins on this plug - shift and GND - that's pins 1 and 4.
Also you'll need to set menu 6-1 to reverse on the Mk V with the RB Pro in
line.

The normal transmit line in the RB Pro is the TxD line, as I recall. Just
select RTTY on the front panel of your Mk V and fire up MMTTY. In the setup
menu on the TX tab, you'll need to enter the Com port of your RB. On the
Misc tab, select either com + TxD(FSK) or Sound + Com-TxD(FSK). Click OK and
then see if you get diddles when you click TX. Oh yes, you need to engage
the MONI button on your Mk V to be able to hear your own diddles ! :)

73, Jamie
WB4YDL