[RTTY] bartg sprint 75 sv1dpi

Roger Cooke g3ldi at g3ldi.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 06:53:25 PDT 2011

It's true what Don says. However, these problems can be overcome to
some extent
by just tweaking the macros slightly. One good example happened to
me a few times
in this last contest. I sent my report and then waited for the
return. All I got was a
very short burst, which was his number sent once. QRM covered it
each time and I
ended up asking for repeats, once I had to ask four times. Now if he
had sent his
number four times, I would probably have received it. It's still
faster than 45 and a lot
slicker so time wasted is minimal. I ended up modifying my macros in
the middle and
sent my exchange four times. I didn't have any repeat requests after
that.
   75 is difficult on 80 metres however, different band altogether,
but still manageable.

Lots of fun though at that speed!

73 de Roger, G3LDI