[RTTY] CQ Robot issue with the CQ-WW-RTTY aa5vu.log file

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Mon Sep 26 12:07:21 PDT 2011

Sorry about having to resend. It must be one of those days. I used the wrong address.

On Sep 26, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Dick Kriss wrote:

> Rig & Stuff: TS-590S, 60 watts, 3-Ele Beam, Mac OSX 10.7.1 (Lion) to fldigi-3.22.0AT and fldigi-3.21.15 that was released toward the end of the contest and worked FB. All QSO's have been uploaded to LoTW and I am still trying appease the CQ Robot with my aa5vu.log file. The CQ Robot says there is something wrong with my format
>
> QSO: 14094 RY 2011-09-24 0151 AA5VU         599  04 TX     P49X          599 09
>
> that looks correct to me.

I did not recognize the problem listed CQ Robot's  Message saying

  I do not recognize '' as a valid QTH.
  [X] QSO: 14112 RY 2011-09-24 0034 AA5VU         599  04 TX     PZ5RA         599 09

until I received ww-rttya response from Susan, K5DU, pointing out "...In my cabrillo file each DX contact has the letters DX in the column where other QSOs have the state."  I then used a text editor to added a "DX" after each zone and the robot came back with a note saying my log has been accepted with Confirmation number.Thanks to K5DU!

This was not a fldigi error. I caused the problem by reading the rules about the DX exchange and only set up the macro to log the RST + Zone as the exchange. It never entered my mine to add a "0' or "DX" at the end of the statement.

73 Dick AA5VU

There are no new rules. Just old rules some of us fail to remember and have to revisit