[RTTY] WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 4 17:34:09 PDT 2012

I have an RFI problem on 17 meters. I cannot operate more than 100 watts or my FSK stops shifting. So it's definitely RFI getting
into something. I have tried a few things and the computer chassis is grounded to my large copper plate where all my grounds go. The
ground wire is less than 18" to the copper plate.

The weird part about it is that when the carrier stops shifting, the message in WriteLog stops. If I lower the power, the rest of
the message goes out so I don't actually lose anything being transmitted. I have changed my FSK interface, tried each of my five COM
ports and a few other things I can think of.

It's almost like the RFI is getting right into the PC and stopping the message from going out. I don't have this problem on my
laptop. Just haven't figured it out yet. Doesn't seem to be a grounding problem though.

Don AA5AU