[RTTY] Application that lets you save sound "profiles"?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Aug 22 11:03:00 EDT 2012

 > Didn't realize it was so old.  Will have to see if it functions on
 > MS-Windows 7.

It does not function the same on Windows 7 as on XP.

Windows 7 and Vista do not allow any application to take direct control
of the sound card hardware gain controls.  The Vista/Win 7 sound system
provides a *virtual* output control for each *application* - the levels
are stored in the registry on a *per application* basis.

Click on the "speaker" icon in the Notification area - then click
"Mixer" at the bottom of the Volume control and select the output
device (if you are not using the default sound card).

You will see a Master volume (typically "Speakers") for the device
and separate controls for each open application.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV