[RTTY] Fw: [The Daily DX] Bouvet Is 3Y0IOF Dxpedition Press Release!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 4 23:44:03 EST 2012

Thanks to Bob, I was able to find the Parody Island DXpedition home page without the pictures. Here’s the opening statement:

Parody Island is a small island in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.  It is claimed by both the United States and Mexico.  It is
located at 25N 90W, exactly halfway between New Orleans, Louisiana and Merida, Mexico.  It was apparently found last year by two
Louisiana duck hunters, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux, who took a wrong turn looking for their duck blind.  However, two Mexicans Juan
Valdez and Pedro Martinez claim they found the island earlier in the year when they drove their '66 Cadillac off a pier in Cancun
during Spring Break.  Parody Island falls under the ARRL's "Special Area" clause of the Accreditation Criteria, much like Spratly,
and is expected to be added to the DXCC Entity list soon.  Click
<http://web.archive.org/web/20021009185102/http:/www.geocities.com/aa5au/parody_island.html> here for an aerial photograph of Parody
Island.

I’ll look for the files but I don’t think I have them anymore.

73, Don AA5AU