[RTTY] Commercial Interfaces

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Dec 10 11:38:31 EST 2012

Your serial ports have drivers.  If you happened to be using USB to
serial converters those driers *would have problems* with Windows 8.
The issue is with improper initialization on start-up because of the
quick boot (load a kernel image with drivers) feature in Win 8.

The kernel image does not properly initialize many current drivers.
Until that process can be modified to reinitialize the drivers or
the drivers be modified to self-initialize, there will be problems
in Windows 8.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV