[RTTY] Commercial Interfaces

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 14:34:12 EST 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:37:16 -0500, Joe wrote:

>In fact, you need to *avoid Windows 8*.  Windows 8 offers no benefits
>for the typical desk/laptop user, has a completely confusing interface
>and breaks a lot of hardware.
>73,
>    ... Joe, W4TV

REPLY:
I pretty much agree about the hardware issue, but Win8 isn't all that bad. I
loads and works faster and once I got used to the Start Page vs the traditional
start menu, I much preferred it.

The only real problem I had with the hardware was getting a Prolific USB to
Serial converter working. Mine is an old model and I understand the newer
versions are ok with Win8. Everything else - hardware and software - worked
fine.

Different strokes.

73, Bill W6WRT