[RTTY] GU0SUP BARTG Sprint

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Feb 1 12:17:55 PST 2012

Hi all,

Well, it seems we have all (me included!) been a bit remiss in posting
thoughts, comments, etc about RTTY contests after the event.

I had very limited time to play in this one, as I had been "booked" for an
evening out on Saturday.
That, and the usual Saturday shopping trip, meant that I didn't really plan
on getting on at all until Sunday morning, but I snuck in a few hours of
RTTY between the two events.
Conditions weren't too bad, but I missed out on W6/7 and only bagged a few
VE's.
10m was OK, and I finally completed a contact with Sid K3SX after weeks of
trying.

I also spent a bit of time trying to work HK0NA on 17m, but failed. I felt I
had to have a go at least, so I didn't feel as though I had lost out.

Just before going out, I had a quick bash on 40m, and managed to work YC6EN
for a new band-slot, which was great, but other than that, there was nothing
new.

On Sunday morning, I got up, made some coffee and went out to the shack,
expecting the bands to be buzzing, but 80m was dead, and 40m had very few
signals at all, and no W's.
I did pick up a few EU mults on 40m before trying 20m. Oddly, that was
fairly dead too, with only a few UT's and a couple of UA3's audible. No
JA's, no VK/ZL, and not much Asia!
10m was totally quiet, but 15m seemed OK, although there was nothing new
around.
I tried calling CQ as much as possible, but the runs didn't last long.
At one point, a station called me with a report, then called CQ over me, and
was then sending out reports without ANY station identification, and it
looks as though some folk assumed it was me they were working. I know it is
a SPRINT, but PLEASE send your callsigns with the report!

I did manage all 6 continents though, which was pretty surprising, given the
conditions.

Here is what I am claiming:
   80:    0    0
   40:   28   28
   20:   70   70
   15:   55   55
   10:   39   39
Total:  192  192
Mults = 58  Continents = 6
Total Score = 66,816

Thanks to all for the fun, and the points, and I hope to see you in WPX!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120201-0, 01/02/2012
Tested on: 01/02/2012 20:17:55