[RTTY] FSK Readouts vs AFSK

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Mon Feb 6 19:07:09 PST 2012

Using AFSK you are usually off a bit from the FSK frequecy from the DX Spots,
but it is allow to use you hand to move the dial up or down to find the
station.  So this is no big deal.

I use a ICOM IC-756PROIII on rtty and use FSK.  Everythiing works fine.
But when I do use AFSK, I set MMTTY for a mark tone of 1445 with 170 hz shift.
The PRO3 when you hold the SSB button in LSB become LSB-D and the PRO3 centers
the bandpass to 1500 HZ.  This way the incoming tones are able to pass through
the filters down to 250 HZ.  Works that way on PSK too.

I hope to see everyone in the WPX RTTY this weekend.

Joe K0BX
 Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.