[RTTY] RTTY WPX VK4UC SOAB HP (John Cashen)

John Cashen cashenjf at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 12 20:29:46 PST 2012

I look forward to similar good times when I get back to Pearland,TX next
month. I'll miss my beams and DX location here. Most of all I'll miss my
RITTY decoder which has only a  license file for my Australian call sign. I
acquired W5UG after Brian quit supporting his software! Any ideas?
It is good to be back into rtty contesting after 4 years away. I was
consumed with more important matters in my life, such as sale of 3 houses
and purchase of two. Death of 3rd wife, marriage and divorce of 4th wife and
a new partner, Maggy, for the last 1 1/2 years.  I also have a new radio and
another to shop for.

 I am very happy to find that rtty contesting continues to be polite and
courteous in the manner that I first discovered in 1996 (the old DOS days).
A sincere "cheers mate" to everyone who has given me  qso point(s) since
December. You showed patience and respect as I dusted off and reacquired the
skills!
Best news of all is the increase in number high quality VK rtty contesters I
hear and some are acheiving quite respectable scores.

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VK4UC
Operator(s):VK4UV
Station: VK4UC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:         0
   40:         9
   20:    144
   15:    438
   10:      61
Total: 652   Prefixes = 418  Total Score = 813,846

Club:  VKCC

Comments:  A change in the CQ WPX club entry  rule eliminates distance and
the VK Contest Club (VKCC), a "virtual" club, has been ok'ed to enter in the
club competition. My other club, TDXS, should also benefit as it has a
widely distributed membership and is, like the VKCC, glued together with a
very active reflector.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/