[RTTY] Dupes how to handle

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 22:27:18 PST 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On 2/12/2012 8:02 AM, trevor dunne wrote:
> Whats the correct procedure to handle dupe in any contest but mainly WPX RTTY
> I have a few QSO's that I thought were good but the other station called me again and when I said QSO B4, I wasn't in there log,
> Do I just delete the first bad QSO and log the 2nd one ???
> How does that affect my serial number count as there will be missing QSO's in the log ???
>

> Thanks
> Trevor
> EI2GLB

REPLY:

When a dupe calls you, the best approach is to completely ignore the
fact he is a dupe and work him normally. Don't delete the previous QSO,
don't try to alter serial numbers, etc, etc. Modern log checking
software (Cabrillo) will find the dupe, ignore it and give you full
credit. I always end up giving out higher serial numbers than I have
valid QSOs. In the just competerd WPX i had 13 dupes in the log. Doesn't
matter at all.

I have a macro I use when someone sends me the B4 message:

NOT IN LOG
PLEASE WORK ME AGAIN W6WRT W6WRT

Works like a charm.

73, Bill W6WRT