[RTTY] Dupes now sorted what about busted serial's

Mike Tessmer mtessmer at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 13 20:38:44 PST 2012

>This is good practice although some log check software won't accept '000' as
>a valid serial number.

But has a valid contest QSO then taken place?

If I don't copy the other guy's exchange then it seems to me the QSO is not complete.  Partial QSOs don't count.  I realize I can't control the actions of the other station, i.e., I ask for a fill but he's already moved on.  But I'd rather hope I can find the other guy later in the contest and try again.  (And then we can argue about the dupe!)

Unfortunately, such scenarios occur and occasionally good QSOs from one perspective are not good from the other.  It happens to everyone at one time or another.

73, Mike K9NW