[RTTY] Dupes how to handle

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za
Tue Feb 14 02:03:21 PST 2012

When "trawling" the bands in S&P I generally give a station up to 3 calls to
reply, then move on (unless it is a mult that I need). In the Roundup I
maintained an S&P rate of over 90 an hour for the first hour of the contest,
before starting a run.

This weekend's contest saw several NILs as a result of stations calling over
exchanges (not listening) and despite several calls getting no response.
Sorry, if I don't copy an exchange and give a confirmation this is a NIL - I
do not log incomplete contacts.

Way down on the Southern part of Africa 15m was particularly difficult this
weekend - almost "watery" with deep QSB. At times print was almost
slow-motion. This made copy extremely difficult at times. Surprisingly
though I only had one occasion to use "QSO B4" - when a K7 called me again
some 5 minutes after a clear QSO!!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Member : SARL - ARRL