[RTTY] What does it take to finish in the top 10?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Feb 26 17:26:34 PST 2012

> I think when that day comes, it will ruin RTTY contesting like it
> has  for CW contesting. 73

Just like computer logging, memory keyers, Super Check Partial,
voice keyers, and the "arms race" with ever bigger antenna
systems and larger amplifiers have already ruined contesting, eh?

This is a technical activity and radiosport is a test of the *entire*
system - including all of the hardware, software and operator.  If
you want a pure test of operators use a computer simulator with no
variability for radios, propagation, or location ... or put all of
the competitors in a 100 km^2 (10 x 10 km) area on flat ground with
multiband verticals, identical FT-101Bs and no computers.

Don't get "holier than thou" and decide what technology is "fair"
based on what you like/don't like or use/don't use.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV