[RTTY] RTTY RU Exchange Complaints

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Jan 12 09:43:13 PST 2012

Hi all,

As far as I recall, those leading "........" at the start of a macro come from MixW.
I suspect that the MixW user doesn't actually see this transmitted, and it may be something to do with the font used or the native keyboard language used.

I also have a pet hate for those that send their calls like this:
DE SQ7B, SQ7B, SQ7B, K
but now that his call is in the Superpartialcheck callsign list, Writelog highlights only the needed part, but before that was a real pain in the proverbial.

And in RRU, I did work one W sending THIS:
GU0SUP DE AA1AA MNI TNX UR RSQ IS 599 599 599 AND YOUR EXCHANGE IS IN TX TX TNX FER CALL AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST GU0SUP DE AA1AA PSE KN
which I thought was a tad verbose, and a little confusing with the IN TX, but at least he sent TX twice!
I guess he was new to RTTY contesting, and so I didn't bother too much.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP