[RTTY] New

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Thu Jan 12 13:41:14 PST 2012

Hi, Neil!

107 contacts is NOT dismal and thanks for whatever participation you can
manage.   It is not necessary to append '/KL7' to your call sign, but it
will help clue people in that the 'AK AK' in your exchange is really Alaska
and not a noise-bungled Arizona. Leave out the '/KL7' and see how many
repeat requests you get on the QTH in the exchange.  If there are a lot,
then you may want to add the '/KL7' to your call sign.  After you've
contested a while more people will associate 'AK' with your call sign and
the '/KL7' won't be needed.

I seldom get asked for repeats on my 'CA CA' exchange when operating from
home because I'm active enough that few people wonder if I really meant 'CO
CO'.

Ed - W0YK