[RTTY] RTTY Exchange

Jim Preston jpreston1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 13 18:09:48 PST 2012

When I'm the S/P station, I prefer the run station to use line 3 also. I
would, however, leave out the CR/LF at the end, but do use one or two
spaces instead. Line 3 gives the receiving station a 2nd chance at
seeing his call, which can easily be covered up by "garble" at the
beginning. If the S/P station doesn't know the exchange is for him, he
might wait for a second xmsn, or send "AGN?", but if he sees his call at
the end, this won't be necessary. I also put a space after the first
CR/LF. This might keep some of the "garble" from running into the exchange.

There should be no need for the run station to put his own call in the
exchange, since the S/P station probably already has it.

73,

Jim N6VH