[RTTY] Exchanges and qrp.

Dave Barr recordupe at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 10:11:42 PST 2012

I have been running QRP in RTTY contests, almost always S&P, for more
than ten years.  Requests for repeats are infrequent on 20 thru 10
meters, and surprisingly few on 40 and 80.  I usually send the exchange
twice (not including 599) but have a transparent add-on key to add 1 or
2 more if the station I'm calling is weak, or if he or she is sending
the exchange 3 times.  If I am asked for a repeat, I send the exchange
only 4 to 6 times, no calls, no 599.   Only once out of 500 plus Qs in
the RTTY RU was I asked for a second repeat.    I have often wondered
how much trouble I am to others.

Dave, K2YG