[RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 23:42:56 PST 2012

We are starting to beat a dead horse here, so let me make this short and
then I'll shut up (probably).

If Ed sends 599 CA and it gets garbled so it prints 599 CO, the other
guy sees it's a valid state name and will copy it correctly but the
information is wrong.

There is no way that either Ed or the receiving station can know it is
wrong, but only the receiving station will get dinged by the log
checker. Ed will not. Some folks will just say "too bad" and move on.

I can't do that. Contesters are my friends and I want their log to be as
accurate as mine. Because of that, I send CA twice. I'm not a
mathematician but I know that increases his chances of copying correctly
a lot more than just two times. More like ten times, possibly more. The
chances of exactly the same bit error making an A into an O two times in
a row are very small. Maybe our friend Chen, W7AY could provide a more
rigorous mathematical analysis?

73, Bill W6WRT