[RTTY] FD RTTY Question

Adrian Engele aa5uk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 06:35:48 PDT 2012

Here at the K9MOT FD site we tried RTTY for the first time and we found the rates were decent.

Good enough were we S&P'ed for a while then switched to SSB and then CW; then back to RTTY. This kept a decent rate going at times.

RTTY was productive enough that we did not even try PSK31. In my humble opinion PSK31 is too slow for contesting/FD. RTTY is much better suited for quick contacts. I printed many excellent operators on the air and requests for repeats were few.

Based on the post FD club feedback, RTTY will be back next year for our FD.

Hope everybody had a great time!  Mother nature blessed us with mild temperatures, fewer bugs and no rain!

73, Adrian AA5UK for K9MOT (Motorola Solutions Radio club)