[RTTY] eHam: Are You Frequency Confused with RTTY?

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Wed Mar 7 06:13:25 PST 2012

Are You Frequency Confused with RTTY?

http://www.eham.net/articles/27625

The eHam editor has reposted an article from 2004 and I posted a comment  with a bottom line that says AFSK software applications in use today have helped with question posted in 2004.

RTTY has come a long way since my early days in 1979 with a XITEX keyboard/dumb terminal to PC (Mac Plus) with a MFJ TNC that was replaced by better computers, software and advent of sound card technology.  We now have excellent AFSK software applications, internet DX-Clusters, Online Logs with "Greenies", Police, LoTW and it is still fun to work a new one.

The challenge of RTTY DXing is still figuring out how far "UP" the DX station is really listening so we know where to call.

73 Dick AA5VU