[RTTY] Fw: ARLB006 NTIA: No Objection to Additional Data Modes on60 Meters

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Mar 29 15:53:11 PDT 2012

>From the comments made by Kai regarding RTTY on 60M...

The requirement that, "...the radio should be configured so that an upper
SSB signal can be copied in case they need to tell you the channel is
occupied. " precludes the use of FSK.  To comply with this FCC/NTIA
requirement AFSK would be the only RTTY mode that would allow you to monitor
the frequency for a SSB message that the channel is occupied.  If your radio
has a data setting, such as USB-D1, this would be the preferred mode as it
mutes the mike.

73,
Gary AL9A