[RTTY] Fw: ARLB006 NTIA: No Objection to Additional Data Modes on60 Meters

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 22:47:00 PDT 2012

Joe,

Got it.  While I don't have as great of a mind as you do, we are thinking
the same.

FSK is the best mode for technological novices.  Part of it's attraction is
that it's use is simple and without any pesky levels to adjust.  It's pretty
hard to screw up an FSK implementation.  On the other hand, AFSK really
should only be used guys with a sufficient tech background to  know how to
do it properly.  AFSK in the hands of rookies frequently involves the
problems exactly as you have explained - as is often lamented by the PSK
crowd (for the same reasons).

Got to leave Koh Chen's message for tomorrow.  I can't consider any message
of his without a couple of cups of coffee first.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie