[RTTY] Fw: ARLB006 NTIA: No Objection to Additional Data Modes on60 Meters [now another FSK/AFSK thread]

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Fri Mar 30 12:37:29 PDT 2012

I think about every 6 months we have this discussion.  Everyone is right.

But to me the important part is not AFSK VS FSK, but the ability to receive the
170 HZ shift through the Narrow CW filter.  It took years for us RTTY'er to get
the manufacturies to add a FSK or RTTY mode to the bandswitch.

My PROIII has the ability to use AFSK with low tones set to about 1500 HZ and in
the LSB-D mode the signal will pass right through the narrow filter.
In FSK, I can leave it in the high tones 2200HZ and it passes just fine.

So bottom line, I am more concern with receiving than transmitting.

So while everyone talks about AFSK VS FSK I am going to work some rare DX on 20
RTTY (XV2RZ number 331 on rtty).

Joe K0BX

 Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.