[RTTY] ?? 7O6T

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za
Sat May 12 00:35:30 PDT 2012

Hi All

I am astonished at the whinging from obvious "big gun" stations!!!  Dave is
100% correct - they HAVE been working NA stations, you just have to be
around at the right times!! I managed to work them on RTTY by slipping in
during an NA session (close to 0500Z) - they never call AF only, but let us
in anywhere that we can!

Before you complain, you should try being where I am - very close to the
Southernmost tip of Africa. Way out of the main paths, with a power
limitation of 400W to boot. We very seldom have expeditions turn their beams
our way, and they don't call us exclusively either. We regularly get
trampled upon in the pileups, but we just get on with it and do our best.

Despite this I have managed to work most of the recent operations, and have
a worked total on RTTY of 278 (mixed 315). My RTTY total is the highest in
South Africa.

So before you whinge that you cannot work 7O6T, think a little about other
areas. I could not break the pileup for Desecheo on RTTY - he worked NA
station after NA station though.... did I whinge that he should be
disqualified for unfair practice???  NO! I will try to work the next
operation there.

Remember that this is a HOBBY, not a life-or-death situation!!  Chill out!!!

BTW Dave is spot on with his times!!!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Member : SARL - ARRL
EPC#0558 DMC#1690 WCC#030 30MDG#4081
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC(RTTY)#1,916
DXCC(phone)#34,990  DXCC(CW)#11,714
DXCC 40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m
WAS Triple Play #492  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAE-I(mixed)#72
WAZS(mixed)#214  AAA#1569
AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334  UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22  WAC
(Satellite)
website : www.zs2ez.co.za