[RTTY] RTTY Honor Roll and SV2ASP/A too!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon May 14 14:07:22 PDT 2012

Congratulations Joe! It is well deserved!

I love the way you worked XV2RZ. That is the way we did in the old days. It reminds me of the time I took a whole week off from work
in hopes of working XZ1N in November 1996.  I spent hours and hours tuning for them on RTTY. Finally on Wednesday as it got near
sunset, I heard a Japanese station calling someone on 20M RTTY but could not hear the DX. Then another JA and another, but no
pileup. One of the JA stations sent XZ1N and I then knew it was them but I still couldn't hear them. I waited for what seemed an
eternity and finally at sunset I got print. He called CQ, I answered simplex and he came right back to me. Five minutes later, I
couldn't hear him anymore and I never heard them again on RTTY the rest of their trip.

Good luck with 7O. I wished they had started RTTY sooner in the trip. A fellow member of the Delta DX Association sent the team
leader an email a few days ago, before they finally started doing RTTY, asking for them to spend more time on RTTY (he didn't need
it on RTTY but wanted others to get a chance). The team leader did reply and after hearing his answer, I am surprised they are doing
as much RTTY as they are.

Great going Joe. I am looking forward to seeing your call at the top of the list one day.

Just don't get me started on whether or not I think BS7 should be considered a DXCC entity. It is a DXCC Entity so I will do
whatever it takes to work them on RTTY if and when someone ever goes back there.

73, Don AA5AU