[RTTY] K0BX and PY7ZZ Honor Roll

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon May 14 14:22:58 PDT 2012

To Joe and Fred,

Serious congratulations to you both on your achievement!

I've still a long way to go yet, but 6O0CW and 7O6T are both new ones for me
over the last week.

I finally got 7O6T on 17m RTTY this evening, around 1820UTC.
I had been trying for the last days, and failed, and was close to giving up,
but after tea, I went back to the shack and found they had given up on 10m
RTTY. They were only just audible here when the QSB was less. I then found
them on 15m RTTY, but couldn't get heard, and then they were spotted, which
made the pile-up rather large.
Suddenly, they stopped transmitting, and a spot appeared asking where they
had gone.
With that, I quickly went to 17m, heard them call CQ UP, and called. It took
two goes, but I got 'em!

Those odd moments are ones that I treasure! Like coming home from work one
day last November, making the usual coffee and going to the shack.
I fired up the rig, and it was on 10m so I had a quick tune up and then back
down the band. As I got close to 28080, I heard a CQ call. On tuning it in,
I was stunned to see E51Z calling.
A quick turn of the beam, and I called them. A W4 got in first, simplex, and
after they completed, I saw they said DOWN 1, so I did that and called, and
they came straight back to me.
I felt like falling out of the chair I was so elated.
That's a real difficult path from here, and to make it on 10m, in November,
at 1730UTC is something I won't forget.
That one is confirmed on LoTW for me, and I also got the card too.

I guess I have a few years left in me yet, so maybe one day I will also be
sending an email out saying that I finally made Honour Roll, but don't hold
your breath just yet!

73 all, and once again, congratulations to both Joe and Fred....

Phil GU0SUP

  _____

avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 120514-1, 14/05/2012
Tested on: 14/05/2012 22:22:58

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120514-1, 14/05/2012
Tested on: 14/05/2012 22:23:00