[RTTY] mode allocations

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Mon May 14 22:01:36 PDT 2012

>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com]On
Behalf Of W0MU Mike Fatchett
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:25 AM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] mode allocations

That is a good question.  The good ole USA has more restrictions on
their operation than any other country.  Why?  Probably because of all
the bureaucracy of the Federal Government and if we don't write a bunch
of rules people are not doing their jobs????

J6 does not have the same power limits on 30m that we do.   They can
operate with 1500 watts, which I think many US amateurs do as well even
though the limit is 200 watts.  I suspect many other countries in NA
allow more power than 200 watts so why is it just the US getting the
short end of the deal?

You can operate CW anywhere.  Why not RTTY?

Why are we one of the few countries that have SSB subbands?  Just
because we have more people or the Feds know that we can't be trusted to
gentleman type agreements?

I guess this might be a good question for CQ to ask their new Columnist
that used to work at the FCC.

>>>Yes, anarchy would be so much better. Recall how impressed everyone here
was with the gentlemanly behavior in 7O6T RTTY pileups this past weekend;
what more proof is needed?

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ