[RTTY] New Computer, IC-756 PROIII and MMTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun May 20 02:19:35 PDT 2012

See the top diagram on page 19.

"AF Input" of the TNC is "Line In" of your sound card,
"PTT" is the DTR output of your serial port with an open
collector transistor driver. "RTTY Keying" is the FSK
signal - the TxD output of your serial port - again with
an open collector transistor driver to convert the RS-232
levels to "contact closures."

Schematics for the open collector drivers are shown on Don's
web page:  http://www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV