[RTTY] Detected by the digital Skimmer system

Frank Fallon n2ff at optonline.net
Sun Nov 11 18:31:08 EST 2012

I enjoyed using the skimmer spots and S/N info it provides.  Great
stuff.  A very big thanks for taking the time to write the program and
set up the network.

The two problem I became aware of were that some of the listings were 2
plus kHz low on the band map using FSK on my FT 1000MP. Apparently not
all of the skimmer sites were set up to read the frequency the same
way.   Also I would sometimes see my call listed when I was NOT
running.  For this contest (After Sandy and a foot of wet snow from a
nor'easter) I was down to one antenna a 40 meter dipole and 100 watts
for all bands.  I was searching and pouncing sending my call three three
times and frequently another two times when I had no answer.   A forty
meter dipole is not a great antenna on 20 and ten meters, but it does
work - sometimes.  Sorry I strained receivers around the world!  Sorry
also to those who may have wasted time looking for me where I had never
been.

With my compromised antenna system it was nice to see that I was in the
running close with many other stations in the S/N marathon.  My head got
so big I could not get the head phones off.

I can't wait to hear the CW boys complain about how easy RTTY is....
Bring it on.....

Thanks for a great new toy for the holidays.

73 de Frank...N2FF......