[RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 Parameters

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 1 19:32:07 EDT 2012

I ran the AA6YQ profile in a cloned "receive-only" window in WriteLog with its own sound card. I left it with AFC turned and hid the
tuning indicator to save screen space. It did exactly what it's supposed to do and that is copy weak signals. I'd have to say that
my normal profile (Fluttered signals FIR) out-copied it on strong to moderate signals, but on weak signals, callsigns popped out of
the alphabet soup on the screen many times to my delight. It's the first time I'd ran this profile an entire contest with its own
window but not the last.

If you use this profile with AFC turned off, you have to have the signals tuned spot on or it's not going to print. I wouldn't use
it as my primary decoder in a contest.

73, Don AA5AU