[RTTY] Rude contesters

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Mon Oct 1 20:06:22 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Three times this weekend, I had guys calling on top of the DX when I
> was trying to hear if he confirmed my report.
>
> PLEASE PLEASE let the QSO in progress F I N I S H before dumping your call in.
>
> I used to think RTTY operators were polite.  Now they're just like the
> rest of the a-holes out there.

Watch a DXpedition pileup with a waterfall, and any misconception of
RTTY ops being polite will vanish quickly. DX gives a report to a
complete callsign, and 50 stations all start transmitting immediately
afterwards. I think a lot of guys think they can get away with because
they think no one is listening to (/copying) them...... it's
disgusting....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML