[RTTY] off-frequency stations - use of AFC

Wa3frp wa3frp at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 08:11:51 EDT 2012

How many others use {profile0} with MMTTY?

{profile0} a N1MM macro that will reset MMTTY (only) to HAM default definitions for RTTY mark, space, width.

For example in RUN, using:

F1 Run Call CQ,{TX}{ENTER} cqww {MYCALL} {MYCALL} cq {PROFILE0}{RX}
and
F3 Run TU,{TX}{ENTER} ! tu {MYCALL} cq {PROFILE0}{RX}

I found that it was easier to keep MMTTY on the HAM default this way and also helped by starting new each time that I call CQ.

"...Another contributing factor when using MMTTY is failing to reset the tones to
default when turning AFC off. If you watch MMTTY's tone frequency with AFC on
but no signal being received, you will see it wander around several Hz. If you
simply turn off AFC and the tones have wandered off the default, that's where
they stay. The point is, when turning AFC off you MUST ALSO click the "HAM"
button to reset the tones. If you are running N1MM logger, there are check boxes
in the DI setup that can do this for you automatically...."

Russ - WA3FRP
wa3frp at aol.com