[RTTY] Need advice

Mark n2qt n2qt at verizon.net
Sun Sep 2 14:05:52 EDT 2012

Just to get started it's probably easy to just route each rigs audio to one
side of a set
of stereo headphones and skip the DX Doubler.  The software will do the rig
control
and switching for you.   You will find things that work (or not) as you do a
contest.
Be sure and try the practice sessions that normally run before the big
contests as that
is a way to be sure your software and equipment are in synch with your
expectations.

Have fun, make mistakes and learn how to make it better.

Also your first step is to be sure you have sufficient isolation between
your antennas to
allow SO2R operation without overload of your second rig.  "Managing
Interstation
Interference" available from InRad or the technical notes on K1TTT's website
are good
starting points.

Mark N2QT

(I'm just always happy that people all over the world will spend money for
equipment,
put up antennas, and get on the air so I can work someone in a contest.  If
you screw
up, take too long or hit the wrong key, I'll wait for you).