[RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 10:43:21 EDT 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:43:57 -0400, Joe wrote:

>The question is whether the K4DSP unit (QST article here for members:
>http://p1k.arrl.org/pubs_archive/139117) will even work with 2Tone.
>
>The developer of 2Tone refuses to adopt a fixed frequency mode - it's
>AFSK only with AFC running all the time.  Since the K4DSP interface
>expects to decode fixed frequency tones (2125/2295 or 1275/1445) how
>well does it work with "drifting" inputs?

REPLY:
Good point, but the way I plan to use it it should work. I want to run the
IC-7500 in RTTY mode with a 300 Hz bandwidth. I'm guessing that bandwidth is
narrow enough for 2Tone to lock on and thereby generate a signal that is not too
far off of 2125/2295 for FSKit to operate correctly.

There is another problem I just thought of however. Having AFC on while S&P'ing
and using FSK is not good. I'll have to think about that a bit. This might not
be doable after all.

73, Bill W6WRT