[RTTY] RTTY above 14100, 21100

Ktfrog007 at aol.com Ktfrog007 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 15:38:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

In case there are any folks out there who are new to RTTY contesting, it is
 important to know that ops generally move up during the contests, above
the  normal non-contest frequencies.  In the upcoming CQ WW RTTY, there will
be  a lot going on above 14100, 21100 and maybe even 28100 kHz if conditions
are  good.  And sometimes above 7100 kHz, up to 7125 as Jay pointed out.
Note that 3600 kHz is the 80m upper RTTY/data limit.

Last year in the WW RTTY conditions were very good on 15 and at one point
the band was chock-a-block with signals from 21060 to about 21160 kHz.  I
was in seventh heaven.

Here's a nice color chart of the official US amateur bands
_http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Hambands_color.pdf_
(http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Hambands_color.pdf)

73 and GL in the contest,
Kermit (Ken), AB1J

In a message dated 9/20/2012 2:19:11 P.M. GMT Standard Time,