[RTTY] Heathkit SB-1000 On RTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Sep 25 18:08:24 EDT 2012

> In our discussion regarding the SB-1000 all the above is irrelevant
> anyway since the SB-1000 does NOT run class C. Use the specs for
> class B (older data sheet) or class AB2 (newer data sheet) and you
> will see the tube is fully capable of 600 watts RF output.

No, it is all relevant since the SB-1000 does not maintain 13.0 CFM
air flow in a pressurized cooling system.  The SB-1000 is cooled by
an axial fan.  Since there is no way to determine the actual air
flow in the SB-1000 cooling system, unless you can measure the base
base (200 C max) and plate (225 C max) seal temperatures under heavy
RTTY operation, it is only prudent to derate the tube to constant
carrier conditions.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV