[RTTY] Contesting w/ 2 Tone & MMTTY

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Sun Apr 7 22:54:15 EDT 2013

Joe W4TV wrote:
> On the other hand, G3YYD has previously suggested that
> software using 2Tone use the RXM_Switch command to turn off
> Net when calling CQ (F1/F11 in Writelog).  That could easily
> be complemented by turning Net ON if the transmit frequency
> changes by more than 500 Hz or 1KHz.  That would result in
> Net OFF when running (call CQ, Net goes off) and Net ON when
> in S&P or jumping frequency to grab a multiplier.

Yes, if/when this function is implemented in WriteLog.  But, not everyone
uses F1/F11 for CQ.  I use F2, for example.  I'd prefer the logger not force
a specific Fn key to be CQ.

> In any case, Net ON/OFF is not a significant issue since
> 2Tone limits the AFC range to not more than about 50 or 60 Hz
> (depending on version) from the preset Mark (or Space).

Net ON is an issue for me because I don't want my Run frequency moving
around +/- 60 Hz.  OTOH, if one zero-beats the desired station, it won't
matter.

Ed W0YK