[RTTY] 75 baud question

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Apr 24 20:02:45 EDT 2013

TS-850 has a separate RCA jack (marked RTTY) for FSK input.  Constant
level receive audio is available on pin 3 of ACC2 (the 13 pin DIN)
with return ("ground" on pin 4).  PTT for RTTY/FSK is available on
pin 13 and PTT for AFSK is available on pin 9 (PKS).

The TS-850 expects the "RTTY" jack to be open in MARK and shorted in
SPACE.  Default shift is 170 Hz, Default tones are "High tones" -
2125/2295 Hz.  Those settings can be change via the power-up menu:
#11 is REVERSE (MARK/SPACE), #12 is shift (170, 200, 425, 850),
and #13 is High/low tones.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV