[RTTY] Rules for upcoming SARTG RTTY Help

Ron Brown bctech58 at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 13 12:43:07 EDT 2013

On 13-08-13 09:32 AM, DickT-W0RAA wrote:
> Does anybody have the correct web site for the SARTG RTTY Contest this
> weekend?  I have tried the URL on WA7BNM Contest site and get no results and
> it's the same with IE8 and Firefox.
>
> I Google SARTG RTTY RULES and get the same results, a web site that has
> nothing to do with the SARTG Rules site posted by Bruce.
>
> 73,
>
> Dick
> W0RAA

Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group*

*Third full weekend in August*

*17 - 18 August 2013*

*Contest Periods:*

Three (3) separate periods:

*0000 - 0800 UTC Saturday
1600 - 2400 UTC Saturday
0800 - 1600 UTC Sunday*

*Bands:*

80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 m.

*Classes:*

  * *A:* Single Operator / Single TX / All Band
  * *B:* Single Operator / Single Band
  * *C:* Multi Operator / Single TX / All Band
  * *D:* SWL / All Band
  * *E:* Single Operator / Single TX / All Band / Low Power (max 100 Watts)

*/NOTE 1:/* Single operator all band entrants may also enter one single
band entry of their choice.

*/NOTE 2:/* DX spotting and alerting assistance is permitted in all
classes.

*/NOTE 3:/* "Single TX" means only one transmitted signal is allowed on
air at the same time.

*Modes:*

*RTTY* only.

*Exchanges:*

RST + QSO number, starting with 001.

*QSO Points:*

  * QSO with own country, *5* points.
  * QSO with other countries in own continent, *10* points.
  * QSO with other continents, *15* points.

Same station can be worked once on each band.

*Multipliers:*

Each DXCC country on each band, including first contact with Australia,
Canada, Japan and USA. Additionally, each call area in *VK, VE, JA* and
*W* will count as one (*1*) multiplier on each band (*W1, WA4, JA2, VK4*).

*/NOTE:/* Stations operating from call areas other than their call ID,
__must use '*/x*' for their actual call area, i.e. *K5DJ/1*.

*Scoring:*

Sum of QSO points x sum of multipliers = TOTAL SCORE.

*Logs:*

*Electronic log submissions:*

    The *Cabrillo* format is prefered but not mandatory. Please make
    sure that you fill in the Cabrillo header correctly and name the
    file *callsign.log*. An additional and COMPLETELY separate single
    band of choice log for Single Op all bands entrants must show the
    same information as above and be named with your
    *callsign_band.log*, i.e. sm7bhm_80.log.

    Information on Cabrillo format for SARTG contest can be found here
    <http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwcabril.htm>. Contest name is
    *SARTG-RTTY*.

    Users of "RTTY" by WF1B should convert their files. A conversion
    program can be found here <http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwcbrwf1.htm>.

    For non-Cabrillo entries only two files are required, *callsign.all*
    and *callsign.sum*. These logs must be in chronological order and
    show: band, date/time (UTC), call sign, exchange message sent and
    received, multipliers and QSO points.

    Please submit electronic logs as plain ASCII-files. Do not send
    Word, Excel or ADIF-files as they create extra work as they have to
    manually be converted to ASCII-files before processing.

    Multi-Op stations must include the call signs and names of all
    operators involved.

    Electronic logs can be submitted by Email or on 3 ½ inch disk
    togheter with a printed summary sheet.

*Log Robot:*

    Cabrillo logs can also be uploaded directly to our log robot
    *http://ua9qcq.com* <http://ua9qcq.com/en/submit_log.php?lang=en/>.
    The robot checks the log and a claimed list is also avaible.

*Paper log submissions:*

    The log must be in chronological order showing the same information
    as required for electronic ones. In addition, a written summary
    sheet, dupe sheet and multiplier sheet must be submitted.

*Check logs:*

    Check logs are very much appreciated, they are used for cross
    checking of all entries.

    Your comments will be very much appreciated.

*Awards:*

To the top stations in each class if the number of QSOs is reasonable.

*Logs Deadline:*

Logs must be received by *October 10* to qualify.

Mail logs to:

*SARTG Contest Manager
Ewe Håkansson, SM7BHM
Pilspetsvägen 4